MONTH 1: Me Myself And I WEEK 2: The Body and You
S T Y L I S H S A T U R D A Y
Hey Castle-Cavers! It’s Stylish Saturday! Let’s get into a stylish beauty post that will help you radiate with confidence today!
THE THOUGHT: Glowing skin is always in! Body Beauty.
Honestly what is more stylish and beautiful than nature? Nothing really competes right? So why is it that we overlook our own natural beauty these days?
As we learnt in the previous Thoughtful Thursday post, our skin is actually our largest organ. Take a minute to let that really sink in.
It’s so common these days to apply bucket loads of makeup, to spray tan, to moisturise and lather and all that other jazz, in order to exude beauty, as well as to have our skin looking and feeling its best. But does it?
Sure, having glowing skin can give you confidence, but how far are you willing to compromise your bodies health? Many products out there have a list of chemicals so long and written in gibberish (to most of us), that we don’t really take the time to fully understand what it all means.
In an attempt to figure out what all these chemicals in beauty products mean, and also to discover some natural alternatives, i came across a website called MUKTIorganics.
As i read through the facts that were listed, my stomach turned.
We all know that there are chemicals in products and they can cause bad things, but finally opening my thoughts to it and letting it all register made me realise how unthoughtful i had been to my own self for not making this positive lifestyle change sooner.
THE FACTS/ interesting info: To quote a few of the facts from MuktiOrganics
- We absorb up to 60% of what we put on our skin.
- Studies have found that many chemicals in skincare products such as fragrances and sunscreens have been proven to be endocrine disruptors, interfere with hormone regulation, increase the risk of feminisation of the male reproductive system, affect sperm count and low birth weight in girls as well as learning disabilities. They are also known to be carcinogenic and can cause skin and eye irritation.
- The average woman uses 12-15 products per day
- There is no authority that requires companies to test cosmetics for safety. In Australia, unless they are approved by the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) and classified as having a therapeutic effect or claim, most products and ingredients are not reviewed prior to going on the market.
- Choosing certified organic and chemical free beauty products reduces environmental impact, as the ingredients are biodegradable and do not require the use of chemicals for agricultural cultivation. Organic farming promotes healthier soil and sustainability.
THE ACTION: Chemicals out, natural in, do some good for your skin!
This is a first major lifestyle change that i think is incredibly important to make, not only for its effects on your body, but also because of its impact on the world, and others.
P O S I T I V E L I F E S T Y L E
CHEMICALS OUT, NATURAL IN, DO SOME GOOD FOR YOUR SKIN!
The challenge is to replace at least one product that you currently use, that contains a list of gibberish chemicals as ingredients (that you don’t even understand the meaning of), and change it for a natural one.
If you break down your beauty products, you’ll probably have a few that never get used, or you can go without. Make it your priority to make a the best positive change, and get rid of at least one product that you use daily, such as face wash or moisturiser.
Chose to Invest in yourself and in a cleaner/ more natural lifestyle, by making a decision to continue to use a more natural alternative from this day forward. Even if it’s only that one product. Let your skin glow, with the confidence that you have given it the care it deserves!
The photo at the beginning of this post, contains the products from a brand called Grown Alchemist. No, this is not an Ad, i am in no way affiliated with them, I just believe in sharing the good stuff when i come across it. And honestly, i am so incredibly grateful it showed up in my life, because i never thought my skin would clear up and feel so good, until i stumbled upon it! It has made making this positive lifestyle change so worth it, because i can see and feel the difference!
Go on! You got this! You will not only do good for your body, but for the world! One step at a time, one person at a time!
I would love to hear what product/s you gave up and what natural alternative you use now! Comment below and let me know!